Step 1: Review the Course List
- Ethics in Psychological Treatment: The Slippery Slope
- Ethical Issues in Counselor Supervision
- Ethical Issues in Multicultural Counseling
- Ethical Treatment of Patients with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Ethics & ADHD
- Understanding the Culturally Different Client
- Counseling Hispanic Clients
- Assessment and Treatment of ADHD
- Counseling Siblings
- Play Therapy: What's It All About
- Micro-Counseling: Skill-Building for Professionals
- Treating Involuntary & Resistant Clients
- A Model for Treating Domestic Violence
- Personality Typing
- Counseling the Silent Client
Decide how many Continuing Education credits or units you wish to earn:
1 unit = 1 credit = 1 hour*: Hear a lecture on your chosen topic.2 units = 2 credits = 2 hours*: Hear a lecture and discuss your chosen topic.
3 units = 3 credits = 3 hours*: Hear a lecture, discuss the material, and discuss how to apply the material to your clients.
* There is a 10-minute break after each 50-minutes of instruction
Step 3: Purchase Your Course
Step 4: Schedule Your Course
Call (214) 556-6311 or email LSonna@Yahoo.com to schedule a time. Include the word "Interview" in your email message to ensure that your email does not end up in Dr. Sonna's spam box.
Indicate in your message:
Step 5: Take the Course - Receive Your CE Certificate
- How you would like to take the course (e.g., 1 1/2 hours in two sittings; 1 hour in three sittings, etc.);
- Which days and times are best for you (evenings and weekends are fine). Please provide a schedule of your available times, i.e., "Monday 8-9 a.m., 1-3:30 p.m., 6:30-8:45 p.m."
- To whom your CE Certificate should be made out (tell how you want your name to appear on your certificate).
- How your CE Certificate should be made out (give the type, number, and state for each license that you hold; tell whether you need CE units or hours).